An Invitation to Bond
Level of Difficulty
Community workshop, children activity
30 – 60 minutes
Things You May Need
Craft papers, coloured markers, envelopes, stamps
An Invitation to Bond is a kit that enables youths to create a personalised invitation card to their loved ones. The card would be a thoughtful gift for youths to show appreciation for parents and grandparents. The session can be done individually or in a workshop setting.
Co-developed with Project Somebody
- To empower the younger generations to take the first step in improving their current familial relationships.
- To provide more opportunities to improve family communication.
- Conduct an interactive activity that could elicit nostalgic reflection among participants. They could be reminded of past family memories.
- Participants would think of an activity that you would like to invite their family member(s) to do together.
- Use the craft materials to create the invitation card (alternate option: make an appreciation card).
- Place the completed card into an envelope and mail it out.
- Not everyone is closed with their family members. Be mindful of participants with poor family relationships.
- You can collect the completed cards by the participants and mail them out for them.
Prepare an interactive activity with the aim to reminisce on family memories. The activity could include conversational story sharing or looking at old photos.
Recommendation: Download the Print-and-Play version of the SIMI Game. The game instructions and materials needed are included in the document. The game is suitable to be used as a group activity or in a workshop setting.
Prepare the craft materials required for the session.
Senior Savvy Starts at Home
An interactive workshop to influence the young generations to be more mindful of their current familial relationships.